I love anything woodland themed. I think it’s because I really enjoy the outdoors – I do have a Forestry degree! I love these theme so much that I have a Gnome and Woodland Pinterest board where I keep all of my crafty outdoorsy inspiration. I finally took some of that woodland energy and made these DIY coasters. What happened was that I found the wood slices first at Michaels, and realized that with some easy stenciling I could turn them into winter woodland coasters in minutes. So that’s what I did. Here’s how I made them (it’s so easy!).
Gather These Supplies
- Wood slices – I got mine at Michaels
- Martha Stewart Crafts Holiday Icons Laser-Cut Stencils
- FolkArt Multi-Surface acrylic paint – your choice of colors
- Foam pouncers – I used these
- Stencil tape or washi tape
- Waterproof sealer – optional
It’s better to do several thin layers than one thick layer, because you don’t want the paint to squeeze under the stencil. Once you are done, peel up the stencil and let the coasters dry. Because I used the FolkArt Multi-Suface paint, I didn’t need to seal, but you can put a sealer on them if you want to.