It’s almost summer vacation! Some of you are rejoicing, while others are wondering “what am I going to do with my kids?!” I have good news . . . and an easy summer kids craft idea for you: painted lizards! I wasn’t quite sure what to call them, actually. They aren’t really lizards – I mean, there’s a t-rex, but hey, close enough. Painted monsters? Whatever you want to call them, they are fun to make, you can use the paints you have on hand, and they will keep your kids occupied for awhile.
Read below how to make them – and if you need more summer ideas for kids, my friend Holly has a post called 15 easy catapults to make that you need to visit!
Gather These Supplies
- Wood lizards/monsters/t-rex – we got ours from Michaels
- Acrylic paint in the colors of your choice
- Adhesive stencils (optional)
But once your kids are done painting them . . . then they can play with them! So you get a two-fer for keeping them busy. I love the colors that were picked above, and it would be fun to challenge a kid to be as creative as possible with their painting. This is one of my favorite summer kids crafts – what is yours?
PS – Here are some related ideas I thought you might like:
- If lizards are your thing, check out these 30 Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas You Will Love
- Keep your little busy with these 30+ Salt Dough Crafts for Kids
- Get your kids painting with this Homemade Watercolor Recipe Using only 5 Ingredients
- Have some geeky fun with these 25 Minecraft Projects for Kids
- Make your kids laugh with these 35 Jokes for Kids