This recipe is one of my FAVORITE things ever to bake. It is simple, uses ingredients I always have at home, tastes SO good and fresh, and the glaze on top makes it over the top delicious. The original recipe has a lime glaze, which is amazing, but I only had lemons on hand, and they work great too! If you are looking for a delicious banana bread recipe with spring flavors, this Coconut Banana Bread with Lemon Glaze is it!
- 2 C flour (I use 1 C white and 1 C wheat flour)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ C (4 Tbs) real butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ C mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- ¼ C sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 Tbs milk1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C coconut
- 2 Tbs additional coconut
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1½ Tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs and beat to combine.
- Add banana, sour cream or yogurt, apple juice (or milk), and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat at a low speed until just combined.
- Stir in ½ C coconut.
- Pour batter into a bread pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle additional 2 Tbs coconut on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until a knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Note: Check bread after about 40 minutes. If the top has browned and the coconut pieces are looking toasty, cover top of bread lightly with a piece of foil.
- Continue baking until done. When done, remove pan from oven.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together for the glaze and then drizzle over top.
- Cool for another 15 minutes before slicing.
Adapted from Our Best Bites
Happy baking (and eating)! And be sure to come visit my sister and me as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at The Pretty Life Girls. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!