It’s zucchini season! And when I saw enormous ones for sale at my local farmer’s market on Saturday, I couldn’t resist get a couple to make my favorite zucchini bread. This recipe comes from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, one of my favorite food blogs (basically every recipe she shares is SO good). And when I saw she named her bread The Best Zucchini Bread, I knew it wouldn’t disappoint. Perfectly spicey, not too heavy, so so so good! Make this bread! You will love it.
This Zucchini Bread Recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
Author: The Pretty Life Girls
- 1 to 1½ cups shredded and drained zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (not fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted*
- With your oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease bread pan generously.
- Finely shred zucchini, then wring out in a clean kitchen towel to get rid of excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice or sour cream, and butter until combined.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture and zucchini into the flour mixture until just combined. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a thin knife inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out into wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
*I had enough zucchini to make two batches, so on the second one I experimented a little by substituting coconut oil for butter, and I made them into muffins. They were still delicious, but the texture was a little different.