There are so many fall flavors I love baking with and I love them even more when I find ways to combine my favorites together. So today I am sharing the perfect synergistic recipe of two fall favorites, pumpkin cookies, and pecan pie! Combining these two delicious treats results in a the most incredible pumpkin pie pecan bars, a new staple in my fall baking rotation. These bars are dense and gooey with the perfect combination of crunchy, toasted pecans and pumpkin. Plus, by using a pumpkin cookie mix they take no time to throw together but taste like you baked all day. You will be obsessed. Here’s how you make them:
For the pumpkin crust:
- Pumpkin Cookie Mix (I used Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin Mix)
- 1/2 c butter
For the Pecan Pie topping:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c light corn syrup
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 c chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat small baking pan (like an 8×8 or 9×7) with non-stick spray.
- Stir cookie mix and 1/2 c butter in large bowl with fork until evenly moistened. Press evenly into bottom of pan to form a crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg in medium bowl. Whisk in corn syrup, 2 tbsp butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans. Spread over baked crust.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until topping is set and golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
What are your favorite fall flavors to combine in the kitchen? Share away! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!