Remember this post from a couple weeks ago? Well, today I have a similar and equally delicious treat for you! These are called Brigadeiros (chocolate truffles) and they are a common Brazilian delicacy. You can make them in little balls as I have, or you can eat straight from the pan once it’s done cooking with a spoon. Hot or cold, these truffles are amazing! They are rich and gooey and yummy and easy and you will want to make them I promise. Here’s how you do it.
Brazilian Chocolate Truffles (Brigadeiros)
Adapted from The Pretty Life Girls
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, mix the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, and butter over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat the mixture to a boil and continue to stir for 5-8 minutes, or until the mixture is thick enough when you stir that you can see the bottom of the pan for 1-2 seconds before it levels outs.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the extract.
- Pour mixture onto a greased plate and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, roll into balls.
- Roll balls in sprinkles.
Happy eating! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!