I couldn’t stand it anymore. . . I had to make a Cookie Monster themed dessert! It started with this ice cream, then I spotted this fudge. Then just the other day, my friend Kristan posted a Cookie Monster cake. So that’s how the candy bark happened – and lucky for me, Wilton makes candy melts in dark blue. Did you know this?? What that means is that this candy bark couldn’t be any easier. It only requires 3 or 4 ingredients depending on the type of cookies you buy.
This bark would be fantastic for a party – think Sesame Street themed. Or maybe for a holiday like Halloween. Or any day, really. I mean do you really need a reason to make a Cookie Monster dessert?
You’re only going to need a few things. Here’s what I used:
Now get the recipe below! You won’t believe how simple it is to make.
- Wilton Candy Melts - Royal Blue, 2 packages
- Wilton Candy Eyes - one package
- Mini Cookies - like Oreos, Chips Ahoy
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray with four sides
- Follow the instructions on the candy melt package for melting. I use the Wilton Melting Pot, but you can do it in a stove pot or double boiler. Just be sure to melt on very low heat and slowly! This takes about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Make sure to stir your pot consistently until all of the candy is melted.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment paper to cover your baking tray and place down. Make sure that your packages (cookies and candy eyes) are open so you can work quickly.
- Pour your melted candy melts into the baking tray; spread out to cover.
- Start sticking cookies and candy eyes into the candy melts. You have a few minutes to do this - but work quickly. Don't push down too far.
- Let cool for several hours.
- To break the candy bark, either place a clean towel over the top and lightly tap with a hard item (like a hammer) or drop the tray on the counter several times.
You’re convinced, right? You need to make some today. Check out additional pictures of the goodness.
C is for cookie – and this Cookie Monster bark is delicious! Enjoy!