Are you as passionate about baked goods as I am? Then this oatmeal loaf recipe is something you’re definitely going to want to try. Oatmeal loaves are really easy to make – a dense bread packed with comforting flavors such as cinnamon and brown sugar. This particular loaf includes maple syrup, which is always delicious in bread as far as I’m concerned. I like to eat this bad boy right out of the oven! Keep reading to get the recipe.
Roasted Walnut & Maple Oatmeal Loaf
- 3 cups of old fashion oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of melted butter
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of roasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- First start by roasting your walnuts. Place them into the oven at 350'F for 8 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Keep the oven on 350'F. Now grab a big bowl and let's get started.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder into the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, syrup, honey, and eggs and whisk together.
- Add the second mixture into the oats mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Once it is mixed well, pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan (greased or sprayed with cooking spray).
- Drizzle the maple syrup on top.
- Optional: add dabs of butter (about 1 tbsp) to the top of the loaf.
- Place in oven for about 45 minutes or until its golden brown on top. Take out and let cool.
- Add roasted walnuts to the top of the loaf when serving.
Doesn’t it look amazing? The roasted walnuts really make it – the flavors combined with the maple syrup is awesome!
You can scoop the oatmeal loaf out of the baking pan and enjoy it warm. Or slice it cold at a later time.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe! Give it a try and leave your feedback in the comments.