Did you know that you can buy Lucky Charms marshmallows – JUST the marshmallows – online? I just found out and it’s one of the best discoveries of my life (find them here!). With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to use some green candy melts to make a bark recipe . . . and then it hit me. I could use one of Ireland’s most loved cereals to spice up my green dessert!
Meet my Lucky Charms candy bark.
And I’m totally kidding about Lucky Charms being one of Ireland’s favorite cereals, though that’s a possibility. I do know that everyone loves the marshmallows, so putting them on bark is a fabulous idea. I knew before I even sprinkled the marshmallows on the surface of the candy melts. I mean really . . . how could you lose?
If you need a St. Patrick’s Day dessert to impress your family, friends, and co-workers, this one will keep you from getting pinched. You’ll probably get lots of hugs and dancing in your personal space, but there’s nothing I can do about that.
What I can do is tell you this bark is perfect, and easy to make. Here’s how I did it.
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray with four sides
- Follow the instructions on the candy melt package for melting. I use the Wilton Melting Pot, but you can do it in a stove pot or double boiler. Just be sure to melt on very low heat and slowly! This takes about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Make sure to stir your pot consistently until all of the candy is melted.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment paper to cover your baking tray and place down. Make sure that your marshmallows are open so you can work quickly.
- Pour your melted candy melts into the baking tray; spread out to cover.
- Start sprinkling marshmallows over the candy melts. You have a few minutes to do this - but work quickly. Sprinkle a ton of marshmallows to fully cover the melts.
- Let cool for several hours.
- To break the candy bark, either place a clean towel over the top and lightly tap with a hard item (like a hammer) or drop the tray on the counter several times.
Isn’t it so fun? It tastes as yum as it looks (the bark is vanilla flavored, by the way).
It’s perfect for marshmallow lovers everywhere. Enjoy!