My name is Amy and I’ve been creative since I was little. I always had to take art classes, and I remember being the youngest person by far at sewing camp when I was 10. At the time, I didn’t appreciate the gift that my parents were giving me – but these days I am very thankful. No only do I have a lot of crafty skills, but now I’m blogging about crafting as my full-time job. And it’s the best job ever.
So why DIY Candy?
I have two other blogs, Mod Podge Rocks and Washi Tape Crafts, and those blogs are about very specific topics. I started DIY Candy because I wanted a place that I could share my appreciation of ALL types of creativity, from knitting to cooking to home decor. I also dabble in all of these things, so I needed a blog to post my own tutorials. DIY Candy is that place. I’m so glad you are here!
Here are 10 things about me that you should know.
- I live in Atlanta in a one bedroom condo with my boyfriend and our three (small) dogs.
- I love crafting, but I also love cars, motorcycles, and outdoor activities.
- My boyfriend is significantly older than I am, and we haven’t decided if we want children yet.
- I have an undergrad degree in Forestry, an MBA in Business and have had 10 jobs since I graduated from college (commitment issues anyone?)
- The color blue is my favorite. I love bright colors.
- I constantly battle a sugar and coffee addiction – I love candy and lattes.
- I have an irrational fear of flying.
- I love cooler weather – give me 60 degrees or under any day before the beach.
- The most appealing thing in the world is a good sense of humor.
- I seem to work best when things are chaotic and I have a ton to do.
If you want to e-mail me or request a media kit, you can do that here.