This DIY birdhouse box project is so perfect for spring! Decorate the top of a box with bright colors and glitters, and store goodies inside.
Have you ever tried Extreme Glitter? It’s one of my favorite craft products . . . and I’m not the biggest glitter person in the world.
But with the glitter in the paint base, you don’t have to worry about it exploding everywhere and upsetting your life’s balance.
This little birdhouse box is a perfect project for spring – and uses glitters in neon to make it even more fun. It’s bright and cheery and you can use as many of these supplies below as you like to make it yours.
Plaid designer Julie Lewis made this glittery DIY birdhouse project. It’s a gift box that doubles as a cute spring display! Wondering how it’s made? Here’s the full tutorial.
DIY Birdhouse Box
Gather These Supplies
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Neon Green, Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Wicker White, Patina, Pure Gold
- FolkArt Extreme Glitter –Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Neon Green, Hologram, Gold
- 1” wood doll heads (2)
- 4.5” round paper mache box
- 5” x 3” round wood birdhouse
- 1” aqua/white polka dot grosgrain ribbon
- Old key
- Fine/ultra fine point black marker
- Various sized paintbrushes
- Craft knife
- Wire cutter/needle nose pliers