This delicious donuts recipe uses candy melts instead of frosting for the ultimate sweetness. Add Valentine’s Day sprinkles or customize for any holiday!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and my family and I are already planning the yummy treats we will be making. We’re basically donuts connoisseurs in our family, and make this donuts recipe on a regular basis.
It only seemed natural that I should head into the kitchen to make a yummy batch for Valentine’s. I tried something different with the icing on these donuts and love how they turned out.
Instead of going through all the trouble of making frosting, I dipped the donuts in candy melts. It tasted great, and was significantly less work.
Valentine’s Day Donuts Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 325°
- In a large bowl, sift together your dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, and then pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the cavities of your donut pan until 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, and then allow them to cool in the pan for another 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil into your candy melts, and then microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Dip each donut into the candy melts, and then top with sprinkles and then set aside for the candy melts to harden.
These donuts taste amazing and will be the hit of your Valentine’s day party. I brought them to a baby shower that I went to last weekend and I kept getting rave reviews and text messages about how phenomenal these donuts were. If I’m not mistaken, one text had the words, “life changing.”
So I mean, you really can’t be selfish with this donuts recipe. Go. Run. Make these donuts. Double, triple, quadruple the recipe. The state of the world is in your hands.
You have the power to change lives, with donuts. Every beauty pageant winner wants world peace, and I think you could manage just that with a batch of these bad boys.
Happy baking, and Happy Valentine’s Day! Be sure to check my out on my blog, The Happy Flammily. where I talk about all things family, fun, food, and fashion.