Are you ready for the most delicious waffles recipe ever? This decadent delicacy includes baked pears, bacon, and chocolate chips. These are amazing!
It’s National Waffle Day! As a result we have a waffles recipe unlike any other you’ve tasted. Have you ever had waffles with blueberries – bacon – chocolate chips – and baked pears on top?
Of course you haven’t.
Because you’ve been intimidated and afraid of their amazing-ness. But no need to fear anymore, my friends. I’m here to remove some of the mystery for you and make these bad boys accessible!
You’re going to cheat a little bit. Yes, I said cheat.
For the waffles, I cheated and used a box buttermilk waffle mix. However, instead of adding water you’ll use a good quality buttermilk to give them that light, flaky, waffle taste everyone loves.
Then you add the sweet fruits and the chocolate chips and the salty bacon and tell me you don’t love them!
Of course you are welcome to leave out one of these things if you think you might want to . . . but I don’t recommend it.
You need to try the whole kit and caboodle to really understand how delicious this is! The flavors go together perfectly and just melt in your mouth.
Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups waffle mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Follow the directions on the package for making waffles, but instead of using water use buttermilk. If the batter is too thin, add 1 tbsp of buttermilk at a time until you get the consistency you prefer.
- Mix well and add fresh blueberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Brush the hot waffle iron with
- Spoon about 4 tablespoons of batter into the center of each waffle mold.
Close the waffle iron lid and cook until the waffles are golden brown.
- Transfer waffles onto a serving plate and brush with additional melted butter.
- Serve with pear pan roasted pears and maple syrup.
Pan Roasted Pears
- 2 Bosch Pears
- 2 tbsps light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tps cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- In a medium-size skillet melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add slices of pear.
- Sprinkle pears with brown sugar, pure vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and pan roasted pears until they are soft.
- Spoon into a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
Are these waffles not amazing?! You’re going to look like a professional chef just because of the presentation, not to mention the taste.
I’d love for you to try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Happy National Waffle Day!