This color dipped art is the perfect way to modernize a thrift store piece – all you need is a can of spray paint! Great for adding a unique, bold piece to your home.
Skills Required: Beginner. NO craft skills are required to make this. You’re just using spray paint.
Have you ever noticed the plethora of art in thrift stores? Maybe you haven’t, but I certainly have! Some of them are a wee bit tacky.
Others have potential, but they just don’t quite fit into your aesthetic. With this simple color dipped DIY wall art, you can modernize any old piece!
Color Dipped Art
Gather These Materials
- Spray Paint (in any color to suit your space)
- Painters tape
- Garbage bag
1. Tape off the section you would like to spray paint. Wrap the remainder of your art in a garbage bag to protect from the paint.
2. Spray your art with your paint. Let dry completely between layers until you have the desired tone.
3. Carefully remove tape and garbage bag.
4. Touch up where needed (sometimes the spray paint bleeds through, I find a magic eraser takes off those spots easily).
This dipped art is a perfect way to add that pop of color in your space! Not to mention, bringing in those fun pieces of thrifted art you always see hanging around and collecting dust. I love the modern look and unique feel our space now has!
If you enjoyed this unique project, I’d love for you to take a peek at this other unique art: