This mini Halloween in a jar is easy to make with supplies from the craft store – it’s a fun DIY idea for both adults and children!
I love miniature anything, and since my favorite holiday is Halloween, I thought a combination of the two would be perfect. This mini DIY Halloween in a jar is easy to make with supplies from the craft store – or perhaps you have minis already lying around that need a good home.
I chose to take the “skeleton in the cemetery” route with my jar. The witch is innocently hanging out enjoying her pumpkins, while the skeleton is trying to make a new friend.
Halloween in a Jar
Gather These Supplies
- Glass jar
- Mini Halloween characters – I used the $1 “grow with water” characters from the craft store
- “Halloween Hay” or filler for the bottom of your glass jar
- Small trees – found in the Christmas section of the craft store
- Halloween pumpkin sprig – found for $1 in the craft store
- Wood fencing
- Purple and black acrylic paint
- Mod Podge Matte
- Silver glitter
- Silver spray paint
- Small dowel rod
- Craft glue
- Jewelry cutters
- Thick piece of foam
- Craft knife
Each little element requires a minimal amount of preparation to make it Halloween related (if it’s not already). Here’s how it’s done.
For my headstone, I used a thick piece of scrap foam and drew a headstone shape, then cut it out with a craft knife.
I painted the headstone with Mod Podge and added silver glitter to make it festive.
Would you make this mini Halloween in a jar? Let me know in the comments!