Need some duct tape crafts that are perfect for Halloween? Start with this black cat container – kids will love it, and it’s easy for any age.
Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. Oh, the costumes! Oh, the candy! I love it all. So for today’s duct tape crafts post, I’m sharing how I made these cute black cat containers. You can use them to hold pens and markers. Or, you could use them to hold your stash of Halloween candy too!
Duct Tape Crafts: Black Cat Container
Let’s get making!
Here are the materials that you’ll need:
- Duct Tape
- Cutting Mat
- Craft Knife
- Clean and dried empty cans
First, let’s make the cat’s ears.
1. Cut out a couple inches of duck tape. I cut about 3 inches for the smaller cat. (To cut the duck tape, I typically use this method. First, I pull out the duck tape and stick it to the cutting mat. Then, I slice the tape with my craft knife. I don’t use scissors because they get too sticky.)
2. Use your craft knife to slice your tape in half lengthwise. Then, fold each piece in half, leaving the ends free.
3. Stick your two tabs onto the tin can.
4. Use your scissors to trim the tabs into two ears.
Now let’s make the cat’s face.
2. Wrap the duct tape around the can.
3. Use your craft knife to cut out pieces for the cat’s face.
4. Tape on your cat’s face!
I’m Leslie. I’m a mom, cardboard hoarder, and kids craft enthusiast! You can check out my everyday crafting adventures at www.PinkStripeySocks.com. Or, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.