This simple DIY cake stand is easy to embellish with your favorite scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. Decorate all your cake stands for a holiday or party!
Now that spring is here, I’ve been looking for pretty ways to incorporate some spring colors and patterns in my home.
After visiting the craft store recently and coming across some new spring prints, I knew that all it would take was some colorful paper and Mod Podge to bring that spring!
So, I decided to start with dressing up one of my old cake plates, and dress it up for a spring brunch with my girlfriends. This project was so easy and the results are darling! Here’s how I made this DIY cake plate.
DIY Cake Stand
- Cake Plate
- Patterned Paper
- Mod Podge (I used their dishwasher safe formula but they have a long line of other formulas that would work great as well!)
- Silhouette, craft knife and mat, or scissors (something to cut)
1. Start by cutting out your design. You can cut a simple circle, cut out a saying (I cut mine with my Silhouette), cut out shapes, etc. The possibilities are endless! I also cut out a border for my edge to embellish things a little more.
2. Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge to the surface of the cake plate and the back of the paper. Then, carefully place the paper on the cake plate and press down, smoothing out all the bubbles. Allow to dry for 15-20 minutes.
3. After 15-20 minutes of drying time, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the top of the paper. Let dry.
You did it! Now give me some sugar!
Not that cake really need anything else to make it PERFECT, but still, this DIY cake stand is adorable, and you can make it in minutes!
Yay! What fun spring projects have you got up your sleeve? Share away! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls.