This unique peanut butter monkey bread is irresistible! This yummy fluffernutter version is a twist on the classic recipe, oozing with marshmallow. Scroll to the very bottom for the recipe.
There’s something so comforting about baked goods – like a delicious sweet bread recipe. Some people love chocolate or candy, but if I’m really indulging, it’s all about baked goods as far as I’m concerned.
Monkey bread is one of my favorites of all time. This yummy fluffernutter version is a twist on the classic recipe made with canned biscuits, oozing with peanut butter and a marshmallow glaze.
If you are thinking of making baked goods in the near future, definitely consider this unique twist on a classic recipe! It’s really easy to make.
Making Monkey Bread
I had no idea that monkey bread got its name from the pastry being a finger food. And people pick it apart as a monkey would. But would a monkey eat the entire pan him or herself? It might need a new name.
Other names for the bread include Christmas morning delights, monkey puzzle bread, monkey brains, sticky bread, Hungarian coffee cake, golden dumpling coffee cake, pinch-me cake, pluck-it cake, bubble loaf, and funky bread. That’s a lot of nicknames!
It doesn’t matter what you call it – it’s tasty. All you’ll need is a bundt pan for baking, some premade biscuit dough, and a few other sweet ingredients.
You’ll bake it for a little over 30 minutes.
Then when she comes out of the oven, you’ll let cool.
Flip over to reveal the sweet goodness . . .
And add the melted peanut butter and marshmallow drizzle to the top.
It’s pretty amazing. Scroll to the bottom to get the recipe!
Now tell me – how can you resist eating some of this peanut butter monkey bread right after it comes out of the pan?
I know I can’t! I’d love for you to make this recipe and tell me what you think!
For the Bread
- 2 cans biscuits (8 count, Grands)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- ¾ cup peanut butter (melted)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Confectioners sugar (optional, for dusting)
For the Drizzle
- 1 cup peanut butter (melted)
- 2 cups marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup Confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and coat with flour.
- Open the biscuits. Cut all of the biscuits into quarters.
- Melt butter in a bowl. Dip each biscuit piece into the butter, then place into the bundt pan.
- Top the biscuits with ½ of the marshmallows, and ½ of the peanut butter. Repeat for the rest of the biscuits, peanut butter, and marshmallows.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Edges will be dark brown and center will be lighter.
- Pull out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the bundt pan and flip over.
- Make the drizzle. In the microwave, melt together the marshmallows and butter. Add in powdered sugar. Stir with a whisk.
- Top the monkey bread with the drizzle and then some melted peanut butter (separately).
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 14g
If you loved this recipe, you’re going to love these puzzle bread recipes too: