This protein smoothie recipe is the best you’ll find! It’s delicious and filling, and includes turmeric for anti-inflammatory properties.
Having adrenal fatigue means you have to think a lot about what you’re going to eat. I don’t eat horribly and never have, but I still find that it takes effort to make GREAT choices.
And that’s what I want to do . . . I want to make great eating choices, not just good ones! This protein smoothie is one of those great choices.
And here’s what else I love about this smoothie recipe. It’s really easy to make! All you need to do is pop the ingredients into a blender and watch it go. Then pour it into a glass and you’re ready.
To be honest, it’s perfect when I’m not really sure what I want to eat but I want to make sure it follows make adrenal fatigue eating guidelines.
The almond milk, protein, and almond butter fill me up, while the turmeric reduces inflammation.
This smoothie is gluten free . . . you can also make it Whole30 compliant if you leave out the honey (or use an approved sweetener) and make sure your almond milk has no added sugar.
Note: I’ve discovered that different people might have different requirements for their specific adrenal fatigue diet.
Basically if something on this list makes you feel bad or your naturopath has told you not to eat it, leave it out or find a substitute!
Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoops of whey protein (I used 365 Brand chocolate whey protein)
- A heaped tbsp. of almond butter
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Raw honey to taste (optional)
- Couple of almonds, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Handful of ice (optional)
Take all the ingredients (except the honey and chopped almonds) and place in a Blendtec blender. Blend till smooth. Stir in honey (if using, to taste).
If the banana is ripe, it is enough to sweeten the smoothie so taste first before adding honey!
Pour into a tall glass or a mason jar, garnish with chopped almond and serve.
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, (ripe)
- 1 scoops whey protein, (I used 365 Brand chocolate whey protein)
- 1 T almond butter, (heaped)
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 T raw honey to taste, (optional)
- 1 T almonds, (chopped for garnish, optional)
- Handful of ice, (optional)
- Take all the ingredients (except the honey and chopped almonds) and place in a Blendtec blender. Blend till smooth.
- Stir in honey (if using, to taste). If the banana is ripe, it is enough to sweeten the smoothie so taste first before adding honey!
- Pour into a tall glass or a mason jar, garnish with chopped almond and serve.
Nutritional information does not include optional honey to taste and almonds for garnish.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 20g
If you like this protein smoothie recipe, check out these other smoothie recipes we have: