Make this delicious oatmeal loaf – a dense bread packed with comforting flavors such as cinnamon and brown sugar. Top it off with yummy roasted walnuts!
Are you as passionate about baked goods as I am? Then this oatmeal loaf recipe is something you’re definitely going to want to try.
Oatmeal loaves are really easy to make – a dense bread packed with comforting flavors such as cinnamon and brown sugar.
Oatmeal Loaf Recipe
This particular loaf includes maple syrup, which is always delicious in bread as far as I’m concerned. I like to eat this bad boy right out of the oven! Keep reading to get the recipe.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 egg(s), large
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 T honey, optional
- 1 T butter
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- First start by roasting your walnuts. Place them into the oven at 350'F for 8 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Keep the oven on 350'F. Now grab a big bowl and let's get started.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder into the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, syrup, honey, and eggs and whisk together.
- Add the second mixture into the oats mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Once it is mixed well, pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan (greased or sprayed with cooking spray).
- Drizzle the maple syrup on top.
- Optional: add dabs of butter (about 1 tbsp) to the top of the loaf.
- Place in oven for about 45 minutes or until its golden brown on top. Take out and let cool.
- Add roasted walnuts to the top of the loaf when serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 7g
Doesn’t it look amazing? The roasted walnuts really make it – the flavors combined with the maple syrup is awesome!
You can scoop the oatmeal loaf out of the baking pan and enjoy it warm. Or slice it cold at a later time.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe! Give it a try and leave your feedback in the comments.