This easy no-bake Oreo tart is made with a simple chocolate cookie crust and rich, creamy filing. Strawberries on top make it a pretty dessert!
If you read this blog regularly you are well aware that I’m obsessed with no bake desserts.
There’s something about accomplishing a tasty treat without the help of my oven that gives me a thrill. Plus they’re great for inexperienced chefs or children! And this Oreo tart is so easy, that no matter your skill level you’re going to love making it.
This summer dessert takes just a few minutes and is full of strawberry, chocolate-y goodness. Chocolate and strawberry makes me think of Valentine’s Day treats as well. I love the combination of cream and fruit with the crust. It just works.
Wouldn’t this Oreo tart be perfect for a warm weather picnic – 4th of July especially? Bring it to a barbecue or other warm weather shindig. Your friends and family will thank you!
Chocolate Strawberry Tart Recipe
This quick dessert is really easy to make. Get the recipe below!
Ingredients, Serves 10 – 12
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 15 – 16 fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed, and sliced thinly
Tips for making this chocolate strawberry tart:
- If you don’t have a food processor, it’s okay. Put the Oreos in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or a heavy round object like a glass. Roll back and forth. You might have to work them a bit to get them fully crushed but it can be done.
- Same goes for the cream cheese mixture. You can stir the mixture with a stand or hand mixer or even use a spatula. You’ll just have to put a bit more “back” into it! Just make sure the cream cheese is room temperature so it’s not too firm to mix.
- Don’t be afraid to use flavored Oreos for this Oreo tart recipe. There’s java, ultimate chocolate, hazelnut, mint, chocolate marshmallow . . . if you try one, let me know!
- Experiment with fruits. Depending on the flavor of Oreos you use, you might want to try some different fruits on top. Blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, or even a mixture of fruits would be fun. Fruit desserts are delish.
Are you ready to get the recipe? Check it below!
- 18 Oreos
- 3 T butter (melted)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature and cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 fresh strawberries
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and continue processing until mixed evenly.
- Pour into a round tart pan and press firmly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate crust for about an hour.
- Rinse out the food processor and dry. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and heavy whipping cream. Process for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Remove crust from the refrigerator and spread the filling onto the crust. Return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems, and slice.
- Top with strawberries before serving. Start around the the outside edge and put a ring of strawberries around. Keep working your way to the inside, making strawberry rings.
- Keep in the fridge before serving.
Note: If you make this the day before, you would keep it covered, in the fridge WITHOUT the strawberries on it. Then slice and add the berries before serving.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Do you love no bake Oreo desserts? Try the following! I’d also love to know what you thought of this in the comments.