This amazing zucchini bread recipe is the best you’ll ever taste. Perfectly spice-y, not too heavy, and so good! Great fall dessert idea.
It’s zucchini season! And when I saw enormous ones for sale at my local farmer’s market on Saturday, I couldn’t resist get a couple to make my favorite zucchini bread.
When I was little, I was actually quite opposed to veggies in my baked goods or desserts. In fact, fruit in dessert was out too. I just thought that those items were destined to be separate, and didn’t understand how they could be delicious.
As I got older and started expanding my horizons a little bit, I gave things a try that I had previously discounted – mushrooms, grapefruit, avocado . . . and zucchini bread. And let me tell you, the feeling in my 20s was much different – nom nom delicious!!!
Zucchini Bread Recipe
This zucchini bread recipe comes from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, one of my favorite food blogs (basically every recipe she shares is SO good). And when I saw she named her bread The Best Zucchini Bread, I knew it wouldn’t disappoint. I made this recipe with just a few little tweaks of my own.
Zucchini bread will last for about 2 – 3 days at room temperature. It lasts for about a week in the fridge. I recommend storing in plasticware right away so it doesn’t get stale.
How to Freeze
To freeze this zucchini bread if you make several loaves: start by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Then slip into a ziploc bag.
It will last in the freeze up to six months, although it’s recommended to be used by three to four months. Thaw at room temperature when you’re ready to eat.
Speaking of being ready, are you ready to get the recipe? Scroll down to see it!
Perfectly spicey, not too heavy, so so so good! Make this zucchini bread recipe! You will love it.
- 1 1/4 cups zucchini, shredded and drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg(s)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, not fat-free
- 1 T sour cream
- 6 T butter, melted*
- With your oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease bread pan generously.
- Finely shred zucchini, then wring out in a clean kitchen towel to get rid of excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice or sour cream, and butter until combined.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture and zucchini into the flour mixture until just combined. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a thin knife inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out into wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
*I had enough zucchini to make two batches, so on the second one I experimented a little by substituting coconut oil for butter, and I made them into muffins. They were still delicious, but the texture was a little different.
If you enjoy this zucchini bread recipe, you might also like these other bread recipes we’ve put together: