This Zucchini Bread Recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
- With your oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease bread pan generously.
- Finely shred zucchini, then wring out in a clean kitchen towel to get rid of excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice or sour cream, and butter until combined.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture and zucchini into the flour mixture until just combined. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a thin knife inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out into wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
*I had enough zucchini to make two batches, so on the second one I experimented a little by substituting coconut oil for butter, and I made them into muffins. They were still delicious, but the texture was a little different.