What do you think about Rice Krispie treats? Personally, I’m a huge fan. I love a good Rice krispie treat recipe that is ooey, gooey, and delicious. With lots of marshmallow. And if you can make it fun for the holidays, even better, right? This recipe takes your standard Rice Krispie and makes it really festive for Valentine’s Day!
If you’ve never made a Rice Krispie treat before, they are very easy. You only need a few ingredients.
Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 1/2 cups of crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- Get the pan you’ll be using for the finished treats ready to receive sugar-y goodness. Grab a shallow pan and put wax paper on it. Set aside.
- Place your marshmallows into a pot on the stove set on low heat. Add in your butter and let warm and stir around until melted.
- Mix in your crispy rice cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
- Once completely combined, pour the mixture into your prepared pan with wax paper. Spread out with the spatula to cover the entire pan and flatten (about 1″ thick).
- Place in fridge for an hour to cool and harden.
- Take the pan out of the fridge and remove the rice krispie treats (but leave the wax paper underneath). Grab your cookie cutter and cut as many hearts as you’re able to.
- Decorate the hearts by melting the cocoa melts and candy melts according to package instructions. Either spoon on the melted cocoa/candy or drizzle it on with a spoon.
- Immediately sprinkle the sprinkles onto the melted cocoa/candy while it’s still soft.
The cocoa and candy melt drizzle adds a little something special to the treats. Aren’t they darling?
And of course if you want to make them even more amazing, stick a paper straw into the base of the heart, turning them into Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat pops. They make great gifts!