This EASY delicious and smooth peanut butter fudge recipe uses marshmallow creme and Reese’s for some added tastiness! Perfect for a gift idea.
Hi friends! This is Liz from The Pretty Life Girls! Today I plan to use LOTS of exclamation points because it’s DECEMBER!!! It’s finally here!!!
And, aside from an increase in punctuation, December also means it’s time to get to work on all the holiday baking we can pack into one tiny month. As a result, today I am sharing with you my all-time favorite fudge recipe for cookie exchanges.
Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
My mom has made this decadent peanut butter fudge for as long as I can remember and it is a major holiday staple in our home. Plus, it is pretty much fool-proof and ridiculously delicious.
That’s it! You can dress those suckers up and give them to your neighbors and become the most popular neighbor on the block, or kick back and enjoy all of the fudge yourself. It’s a hard decision, I know.
If it were me, I’d just buy something for the neighbors. Who needs popularity when you have FUDGE?
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 5 oz evaporated milk (1 small can, about 2/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy)
- 7 oz marshmallow creme (1 bag)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz Reese's peanut butter cups (1 bag)
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside.
- Unwrap Reeses and place in a large ziploc freezer bag. Seal and smash peanut butter cups with rolling pin; set aside.
- Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234 F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan.
- Cover with crushed peanut butter cups.
- Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 3gSugar: 76gProtein: 11g
If you like this delicious recipe, I think you’re also going to like these other recipes that would make great gifts: