Jazz up a plain t-shirt with gold foil circles (or the color of your choice). This DIY polka dot t-shirt project is so easy to do and adds sparkle to your wardrobe!
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you should be able to do this. It requires use of a cutting machine (or punch) and an iron.
I have been seeing gold foil shirts all over Pinterest lately and I LOVE THEM. This one in particular really inspired me, and I had to replicate because gold AND polka dots. It’s like the shirt of my dreams.
Lucky for me, I just got a new Silhouette Portrait which I had been dying to use, and this was just the project I was looking for.
DIY Polka Dot T-Shirt
But wait! Before you close this post because you don’t have a cutting machine like a Silhouette, this DIY could easily be done with a circle cutter or large hole punch from the craft store.
What you need:
- Gold foil iron on paper // I got mine here
- Cutting machine, circle cutter, or large hole punch
- Fabric marker (washable)
1. Cut your circles using your cutting machine, circle cutter, or hole punch.
2. Arrange your circles on your shirt. Use a ruler if you need help with placement, although I just eyeballed it.
A fabric marker really comes in handy at this point; you can use it to mark placement and iron the dots over the top. When you wash your DIY polka dot t-shirt, the marker will come out (not that you can see it anyway).
3. Iron the circles on your shirt, following the instructions on your vinyl packaging for temperature and time.
4. Wear your new shirt and look and feel sparkly!
If you enjoyed this DIY polka dot t-shirt, I’d love for you to check out these other cute ideas: