If you love seasonal flavors, this eggnog french toast recipe is perfect! Make it on a crisp fall morning and pair with buttermilk syrup.
Today I have another fabulous seasonal recipe for you! The temps have really started to dip here, and when that happens I start to feel all festive and want to eat all the seasonal flavors. This time it’s eggnog.
I know eggnog is a polarizing beverage, you either love it or hate it. I LOOOOVVVEEEE it. And this french toast recipe is so perfect for breakfast on a crisp fall morning. Here is how you make it:
Eggnog French Toast
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 12 slices french bread (we had Texas toast already, so we used that)
Mix the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice well and put in a shallow dish. Preheat griddle to 300 degrees. Dip bread in mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
Put on a griddle, flipping once, until both sides are golden. Serve immediately (we topped our eggnog french toast with our FAVE buttermilk syrup).
So so so delicious! This is definitely going to be a holiday favorite around our house.
Now, what is your favorite seasonal french toast recipe? We would love to add to our collection. And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls.
- 12 slices french bread or Texas Toast
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 egg(s) (beaten)
- 1 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice well and put in a shallow dish.
- Preheat griddle to 300 degrees.
- Dip bread in mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Put on a griddle, flipping once, until both sides are golden.
- Serve immediately (we topped our eggnog french toast with our FAVE buttermilk syrup).
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
If you love this french toast recipe, you might also like these other holiday favorites: