This easy Chinese vegetable soup is a perfect Asian twist on a tasty classic. It’s one of our most popular recipes – healthy, comforting, and better than any canned soup out there.
I’m completely obsessed with soups and chilis these days! I don’t know if it’s because it’s cold outside or because I recently joined Weight Watchers and now I’m interested in delicious, low point meals.
Chinese Soup Recipes
The thing is, you don’t have to be a diet to enjoy my latest recipe: this easy Chinese vegetable soup! I’m a huge fan of vegetable soup recipes, and I think we’re all familiar with the standard.
I like this one because it’s got a little bit of Asian flair.
In this Chinese vegetable soup recipe, you’ll get some tasty veggies – bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms. Those veggies work together quite well with soy sauce and a touch of sesame oil.
This soup is simple but it’s really good. And if you happen to be on Weight Watchers, it’s only 2 points per serving.
Chinese Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 head of bok choy, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2-3 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of mushroom, sliced
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth (low sodium preferable)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Bring the broth to a boil in a pot.
Lower the heat and add in the sliced carrots, sliced mushroom, ginger, garlic, cilantro and bok choy.
Stir in the soy sauce. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook till the bok choy softens, about 5 – 7 minutes.
Ladle into bowls; drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
- 1 head bok choy, (sliced)
- 1 carrot, (sliced)
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro, (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms, (sliced)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, (chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth, (low sodium preferable)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil in a pot.
- Lower the heat and add in the sliced carrots, sliced mushroom, ginger, garlic, cilantro and bok choy.
- Stir in the soy sauce. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook till the bok choy softens, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls; drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
Split between two bowls; about 2 1/2 cups per serving.
Serving Size:1 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2408mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
Let me know what you think of this delicious Asian vegetable soup in the comments!