Make this delicious chicken lo mein recipe in about 15 minutes! This tasty Asian dish will make the whole family happy. So easy!
I’m so excited about this awesome lo mein! I’m absolutely obsessed with noodle dishes lately. But because it’s the new year, I’ve got to have a dish that includes not just noodles – but chicken for protein and then vegetables.
But it also has to taste delicious. I know . . . lots of requirements. Luckily this chicken lo mein meets all those requirements. This is an easy recipe as well. It’s perfect for 3 – 4 people . . . . or two if you are starving.
It tastes amazing as leftovers, too. Learn how to make it below!
Easy Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 package lo mein noodles, cooked according to package instructions and tossed in a little sesame oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of grated ginger
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, sliced
- A bunch of green onions, chopped
- 4 to 5 handfuls of snow peas
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 Cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock and corn starch; set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry the chicken strips and set aside. To the same pan heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil, and fry the grated ginger and sliced garlic till fragrant. Add the onions slices and fry till translucent.
Add back the chicken along with the snow peas and chicken stock-soy sauce mix and bring it to a boil. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Stir in the cooked noodles and toss to mix. Lastly add the green onions and take it off the heat.
Chicken Lo Mein Recipe with Snow Peas
- 12 oz lo mein noodles 1 package, cooked according to packaged instructions
- 1 lb chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 to 5 handfuls snow peas
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T sesame oil divided
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chicken stock and corn starch together and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry the chicken strips and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil, and fry the grated ginger and sliced garlic until fragrant. Add the onions slices and fry until translucent.
- Add back the chicken along with the snow peas and chicken stock-soy sauce mix; bring to a boil. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir in the cooked noodles and toss to mix. Add the green onions and take it off the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Do you love this chicken lo mein recipe? Check out these other recipes from my friends!