This delicious ground turkey enchilada casserole makes a perfect, filling dinner meal for a family. It’s tasty with a bit of Mexican flair!
I’m obsessed with easy, quick dinner meals . . . healthy pasta recipes . . . and ground turkey. I’m constantly looking for ways to incorporate ground turkey into my repertoire (specifically breast, because I’m always trying to watch my weight).
I should also note that I have to combine this with another factor – my husband also needs to be pleased to with the meals, and he’s not necessarily on the diet train like am. This turkey enchilada casserole is our compromise!
It’s REALLY delicious.
The result is a yummy ground turkey casserole that is easy to make and isn’t too high in calories (fulfilling my needs) yet is filling and tastes great (fulfilling my man friend’s needs).
Everyone around here is happy when I make this pasta recipe, and I promise the same will hold true in your household as well.
Just grab some simple ingredients and whip it up with the enchilada casserole recipe below!
Turkey Enchilada Casserole
This delicious enchilada casserole makes a perfect meal for a family. It's tasty with a bit of Mexican flair - and the calorie count is just right!
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 12 oz No Yolks egg noodles
- 1 can 10 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 1 small onion
- 5 ounces light cream cheese
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 can 4 oz. diced green chiles
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sprays light cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Spray the cooking spray into your pan and heat up.
- Dice your onion into small pieces and start cooking your onion for about 5 minutes or until the onions start getting a clear, glassy look.
- Add your ground turkey and cook until it is no longer pink and completely cooked through.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drain the noodles and place them back into the large pot.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and enchilada sauce to the large pot with the noodles. Stir until they are combined and melted.
- Add the turkey mixture to the large pot and stir. At this time you'll also add the green chiles and stir everything to combine.
- In a large casserole dish, pour in the pasta mixture and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 533mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
Once you’ve tried it, I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments! I’d also love for you to check out these other related recipes:
Tuesday 9th of April 2019
Turkey casserole will be on the menu this week. It looks great, and I am so excited that is calorie controlled for my diabetic husband. Yet not bland and uninteresting! ?
Wednesday 29th of August 2018
I made this tonight super yummy. Higher in points for me so I eat it in weigh in day because I eat very few points for breakfast and lunch. I love this and zero point chilli! I make them on the same night the amount and prep process for turkey is the same. I double it divide it use half for this and dump half in crockpot for chilli. Have this for dinner and chili cooks until bed and is dinner and beyond the next day.