This delicious blood orange cocktail is infused with Viniq moscato and natural fruit flavors. Sweet, smooth, and tasty – perfect for any time of year!
Are you ready for a unique cocktail recipe that you’ve never tried before? This delicious blood orange cocktail is infused with moscato and natural fruit flavors.
Sweet, smooth, and tasty – perfect for any time of year, but it’s an especially amazing summer cocktail. There’s also a special surprise . . .
. . . because the addition of the Viniq makes it particularly special, and shimmery. Yes, SHIMMERY. Have you ever tried Viniq? The original flavor is a perfect fusion of peach, citrus, and berry with hints of orange blossom.
And the shimmery part of it is really fun. Because I personally like my drinks to glisten in addition to tasting good. You’re going to LOVE this flavor.
- 1.5 ounces of Cazadores Tequila
- 2 ounces of fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 2.5 ounces of Viniq Liqueur
- Blood oranges, cubed
- Fresh blackberries
- Spring of fresh mint
- Crushed ice
And just so you have them, here are some of my tips for getting the best results when you mix cocktails:
- Chill the glasses first! I usually keep a couple of glasses in the fridge or freezer before I’m going to be serving.
- Use premium liquor. Technically you can use any liquor you like for this recipe, but I definitely notice a difference when I use “good” liquors. I can taste the quality.
- Measure. Once you get familiar with a recipe, you can wing it. But the first time you should measure the ingredients correctly so you can experience the cocktail as nature (and the author) intended.
- Shake with lots of ice. Add the ice to the shaker last since it starts melting right away. The goal of shaking isn’t just to mix the drink, but to chill the cocktail further. Then you’ll strain the ice out.
- Use small glasses. The cocktail will stay colder longer.
- Use ripe fruit and ingredients. I prefer freshly squeezed but if you can’t, then get quality juice. Most people think that it’s combined with liquor anyway, but you want fresh flavors for best results (and taste).
And just because, I highly recommend getting a fun cocktail shaker for this recipe. It’s definitely not required, but it makes everything more – fun. 🙂
Get the printable recipe for this delicious cocktail below!
- 1.5 oz Cazadores tequila
- 2 oz blood orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2.5 oz Viniq Liqueur
- 1/4 blood orange, cubed
- 3 blackberries, fresh
- 1 sprig mint, fresh
- Crushed ice
- In a cocktail shaker add tequila, fresh squeezed blood orange juice, Viniq liqueur, and lots of crushed ice.
- Put the lid on tight and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Add blood orange cubes and fresh blackberries.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 0gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 10gSugar: 5g
Are you ready for more cocktail recipes? Visit these other delightful beverage posts: