Having a Sesame Street party? This Cookie Monster bark is not only fun and easy to make, it’s tasty! Loaded with chocolate chips and Oreo cookies. Only four ingredients in this candy bark.
I couldn’t stand it anymore. . . I had to make a Cookie Monster themed dessert! This cookie monster bark all started with this ice cream, then I spotted this fudge. Then just the other day, my friend Kristan posted a Cookie Monster cake. So that’s how the candy bark happened – and lucky for me, Wilton makes candy melts in dark blue.
Did you know this?? What that means is that this candy bark couldn’t be any easier. It only requires 3 or 4 ingredients depending on the type of cookies you buy.
This bark would be fantastic for a party – think Sesame Street or Cookie Monster party. Or maybe for a holiday like Halloween. Or any day, really. I mean do you really need a reason to make this Cookie Monster bark dessert?
Here’s a video showing you how to make this candy bark – then check out the recipe below!
You’re only going to need a few things. Here’s what I used:
Now get the recipe below! You won’t believe how simple it is to make.
Cookie Monster Candy Bark
- Follow the instructions on the candy melt package for melting. I use the Wilton Melting Pot, but you can do it in a stove pot or double boiler. Just be sure to melt on very low heat and slowly! This takes about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Make sure to stir your pot consistently until all of the candy is melted.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment paper to cover your baking tray and place down. Make sure that your packages (cookies and candy eyes) are open so you can work quickly.
- Pour your melted candy melts into the baking tray; spread out to cover.
- Start sticking cookies and candy eyes into the candy melts. You have a few minutes to do this - but work quickly. Don't push down too far.
- Let cool for several hours.
- To break the candy bark, either place a clean towel over the top and lightly tap with a hard item (like a hammer) or drop the tray on the counter several times.
You’re convinced, right? You need to make some today. Check out additional pictures of the goodness.
C is for cookie – and this Cookie Monster bark is delicious! Enjoy!