St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner; celebrate with this unique shamrock headband! Kids will love making and wearing this fun and festive craft (adults will like it too!).
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, this project is really easy. You’ll be cutting, gluing, and winding pipe cleaners.
Do you enjoy getting dressed up for the holidays? Hi! It’s Leslie from Pink Stripey Socks. My preschooler loves wearing special outfits for different holidays. St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, so I whipped him up this adorable shamrock headband to wear to school.
And here’s the best part – it’s made using items that we already had at home! Now he’s ready to celebrate the holiday in style. You can too with this unique shamrock craft!
DIY Shamrock Headband
- Green felt (or paper or foam)
- Scissors (Paper and Fabric)
- Pipe cleaners – green, 2
- Hot glue gun
Ok, let’s make a shamrock headband!
Draw a shamrock on a sheet of paper. Cut it out. Use a pen and trace your shamrock pattern four times onto felt.
Cut out your felt shamrocks with fabric scissors. (If you don’t have felt, you can also use green paper or foam to make the shamrocks too!)
Curl your pipe cleaners around a pencil to create tight, uniform coils. Start coiling about 3 inches from one end of the pipe cleaner and stop coiling before your reach the other end. (You’ll need straight bits to coil around the headband and attach to your shamrocks.)
Hot glue your felt shamrocks to your pipe cleaners. Use a scissor to trim off any excess bits.
Coil your pipe cleaners around your headband. Voila, you’re done! You’ve made your very own green accessory for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Green felt - 1 sheet
- Pipe cleaners - green, 2
- Hot glue gun
- Draw a shamrock on a sheet of paper. Cut it out. Use a pen and trace your shamrock pattern four times onto felt.
- Cut out the four shamrocks using scissors.
- Curl the pipe cleaners around a pen to create tight, uniform coils. Start coiling about 3 inches from one end of the pipe cleaner and stop coiling before your reach the other end.
- Hot glue your felt shamrocks to the pipe cleaners, matching up two shamrocks on each. Use a scissor to trim off any excess bits.
- Coil your pipe cleaners around the headband to anchor in place.
And if you’re looking for other fun, kid friendly St. Patrick’s Day activities, check out the links below!
- Colorful Rainbow Inspired Activities
- Pot of Gold DIY St. Patrick’s Day Necklace
- Clover Shamrock Sun Catchers
- St. Patrick’s Day Lunch Box Jokes for Kids
- Easy Leprechaun Hat Headbands
Happy making, friends!