This watermelon mint lemonade recipe combines some of the most delicious flavors of summer: sweet watermelon, tart lemon, and the cool flavor of mint!
Ever had one of those days where you’re out in the garden, battling the relentless weeds, and suddenly you hit the jackpot? That’s exactly what happened to me.
Amidst the everyday greenery, I discovered a hidden patch of mint – a little aromatic surprise left by the previous owners. Talk about a stroke of gardening luck!
This delightful find got my culinary wheels turning. I thought, ‘Why not create something as refreshing and summery as this minty discovery?’ And that’s how the idea for sparkling watermelon mint lemonade was born.
This lemonade isn’t just a regular drink; it’s a celebration of summer in a glass.
Imagine the juicy sweetness of watermelon fused with a zesty lemon tang, all jazzed up with a hint of cool, fresh mint. It’s like a mini-vacation for your taste buds, a perfect antidote to a hot summer’s day.
The best part? It’s super easy to make. It’s all about blending up some watermelon, squeezing a few lemons, and giving your mint a starring role. Simple, yet spectacular!
So, are you ready to turn your garden mint into the drink of the season? Whether you’re hosting a party or just chilling on your porch, this mint watermelon lemonade is sure to bring a fresh twist to your summer sipping.
Scroll down and let’s get started on crafting your new go-to summer refreshment!
This recipe combines some of the most delicious flavors of summer into one incredible mocktail: the sweetness of watermelon, the tartness of lemon, and the cool flavor of mint!
First, here’s what you’re going to need.
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon (about 9 pounds), rind removed, flesh cut into chunks
- 2-3 cups ginger ale or sparkling water
- Blender (love my Blendtec)
- Fine mesh sieve
Note: if not serving immediately, refrigerate covered up to 3 days.
Not only is this homemade lemonade unbelievably delicious, it is gorgeous to look at!
All of those colors scream summer and would make any table look beautiful and festive. This beverage is my new summer MUST. You’ve gotta try it.
Get the printable recipe for this lemonade below:
- 2 lemons (quartered)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar (packed)
- 9 lb seedless watermelon, (about 1/2 a medium melon; rind removed)
- 3 cups ginger ale or sparkling water
- Squeeze lemons into a large pitcher; add squeezed lemon quarters.
- Add mint and sugar; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised and sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, puree watermelon in batches until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher (you should have about 8 cups of juice). Stir to combine.
- When ready to serve, add soda or sparkling water; serve over ice. Garnish with watermelon, mint and lemon slices in sprinkle-rimmed glasses if desired.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 3g
What are your favorite summer mocktail recipes? I’d love to hear your ideas! And, be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls where you can find other delicious recipes like these tropical striped popsicles!
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other drinkable delights: