Make these cute duct tape cats for a fun Halloween crafts! They’re black and spooky but you can use any tape colors you like for this idea. It’s very easy and fun to make for any age!
Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. Oh, the costumes! Oh, the candy! And the Halloween kids crafts! I love it all. It’s fun to come up with new ideas that littles can make for the holiday. Especially recycled Halloween crafts.
I had some cans I wanted to use, as well and some black and white duct tape. I figured I could throw it all together and make something with my littles using the duct tape.
So for today’s post, I’m sharing how I made these cute black cat containers with a recycled can. You can use them to hold pens and markers. Or, you could use them to hold your stash of Halloween candy too.
Black Cat Container
Here are the materials that you’ll need:
- Duct Tape
- Cutting Mat
- Craft Knife
- Clean and dried empty cans
First, let’s make the cat’s ears.
1. Cut out a couple inches of duck tape. I cut about 3 inches for the smaller cat. (To cut the duck tape, I typically use this method. First, I pull out the duck tape and stick it to the cutting mat. Then, I slice the tape with my craft knife. I don’t use scissors because they get too sticky.)
2. Use your craft knife to slice your tape in half lengthwise. Then, fold each piece in half, leaving the ends free.
3. Stick your two tabs onto the tin can.
4. Use your scissors to trim the tabs into two ears.
Now let’s make the cat’s face.
1. Cut a longer piece of duck tape using the previously described technique. (For the smaller cat, I cut about 10 inches.) Use the previously described technique to cut the duct tape.
2. Wrap the duct tape around the can.
3. Use your craft knife to cut out pieces for the cat’s face.
4. Tape on your cat’s face!
You’re done! These cute black cats are ready to hold all your goodies!
If you enjoyed this cat craft, I’d also love for you to check out these other projects. Happy making, friends!