Looking for a delicious Christmas treat you can make in just a few minutes? Try these M&M marshmallow pretzel treats! No baking required. And only four ingredients!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a big fan of treats that are no bake. Treats that are delicious. Treats that come together in just a few minutes. And that’s exactly what these pretzel bars are! Are they a cookie – are they a dessert?
They’re a little bit of a both. These dessert bars combine the best of sweet and salty with a bit of chocolate (in the M&Ms) for good measure.
Keep reading to learn how to make these easy and yummy marshmallow pretzel bars! Here’s what you’re going to need to make them.
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces marshmallows
- 3/4 cup mini M&Ms, divided
Tips and Thoughts for This Recipe
- If you have a food processor, that is another way to crush the pretzels besides using the plastic bag method.
- Feel free to use any M&Ms, not just the itty bitty ones. The white chocolate or caramel ones could be interesting in these treats!
- It took me 2 minutes to microwave the marshmallows, but it really depends on the microwave. Watch your marshmallows so they don’t explode.
- My “secret trick” to press the bars into the pan is to cover my hand with a sandwich bag that is coated with cooking spray. I use my hand to press the bars firmly.
- If you double this recipe, you can easily put it into a 9 x 13 pan. You’ll only need 3 tablespoons of butter if you double.
Now is your chance to wrap these pretzel marshmallow treats up for gifting. You can use little cellophane bags with stickers/ties, or put them in dessert boxes.
OR put them in a Tupperware container and hide them in the pantry so that they are all yours (I won’t tell).
Make a bunch of these pretzel bars and bring them to a party or cookie exchange! Everyone’s going to love them – I promise.
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 T butter
- 5 oz marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Mini M&Ms (divided)
- Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking pan and set aside.
- Crush the pretzel pieces for your treats. Do this by putting the pretzels into a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or glass to break the pretzels into smaller pieces.
- Add butter and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until marshmallows are fluffy and double their size. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Pour the crushed pretzels and 1/2 cup M&Ms into the bowl. Stir well to coat mixture.
- Spoon into prepared pan and press with greased fingers. Top with additional 1/4 cup M&Ms.
- Let set for about 30 minutes and cut into bars using a sharp knife.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Visit our no bake desserts for more delicious goodness! I’d specifically like for you to check out these holiday treats: