This delicious horchata cocktail combines some of your favorite flavors, AND it’s boozy! This horchata mixed drink is perfect for cold weather.
Have you ever tried horchata? It’s a traditional Latin American or Spanish beverage made from ground almonds, tiger nuts, or rice.
I’ve heard it described as tasting like rice pudding, finely blended – sweet with a cinnamon and vanilla flavor.
That’s a pretty good description. It’s really tasty.
Meet our bourbon and dark chocolate “boozy” horchata recipe. And it’s THAT GOOD. It’s one of my favorite whiskey cocktails during cooler weather.
It’s a warm beverage and filled with creamy, cocoa-y amazingness. You’re going to want to make this horchata cocktail for breakfast or as a nightcap.
But let’s face it . . . you can have it any time. This horchata mixed drink is a perfect party beverage as well. Think Cinco de Mayo or Dia de Los Muertos. Learn how to make it below!
- 2 oz. Califia Farms Horchata (or similar)
- 1 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 0.5 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz. Elijah Craig Bourbon
- Dollop of Cool Whip
- Dust of cocoa powder
Tips and Thoughts for This Mixed Drink
- If you can’t find horchata at the grocery store, check out this great homemade horchata recipe. You can make it with uncooked white rice, cinnamon sticks, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and sugar.
- If you want to cool it down, add one ice cube. Just don’t overdo it because it will thin down the deliciousness.
- Some people like to drink this cold. That’s absolutely fine. To keep it cold longer, you can put the glass in the fridge or freezer beforehand.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
Does this drink look delicious? I guarantee you’ve never had a beverage like this one. It’s very delicious going down!
Get the printable recipe for this tasty drink below.
- 2 oz Califia Farms horchata
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 T dark chocolate sauce
- 0.5 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz Elijah Craig bourbon
- 1 T Cool Whip
- 1 pinch cocoa powder
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add horchata, heavy whipping cream, and dark chocolate sauce; mix well. When mixture begins to steam, remove from heat.
- In a glass, mix coffee liqueur and bourbon.
- Pour the warm horchata and dark chocolate mixture over the bourbon and coffee liqueur. Stir gently.
- Add a dollop of Cool Whip and dust with cocoa powder. Serve.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g