Use a saying to make this pretty DIY cross stitch pillow cover (with the free printable pattern) – and then add a cute pom pom trim!
Hello DIY Candy! This is Sam from the Pretty Life Girls, and I have the funnest little craft to share with you today.
I made this cross-stitched pillow recently for my new baby’s nursery, and I love how it turned out. Also, cross-stitching is super therapeutic for me so it helped calm the major anxiety I had from having my first child!
A custom-made pillow like this one is the perfect touch for a room that needs just a little sprucing, and it would make the sweetest gift for a baby shower, wedding, etc.
Anyway . . . enough about how great it is. Here is what I did.
Cross Stitch Pillow
What you need:
- Blank pillow cover (I used this one)
- Cross-stitch hoop
- Cross-stitch thread
- Cross-stitch needle
- Pom pom string
- Cross-stitch pattern
1. Mark your cross-stitch pattern on your pillow cover. Or, if your pillow cover is made of a fabric that has a grid pattern, you can just look at the pattern and freehand the cross-stitch (this is what I did).
2. Place the cross-stitch hoop on the pillow cover, surrounding the pattern area, to get the fabric nice and tight.
3. Cross-stitch your heart out, changing thread colors whenever you wanna.
5. Stitch the pom poms in place with matching thread.
6. Put a pillow in the cover, and put it somewhere cute.
There you have it. Happy cross-stitching! And be sure to come and visit my sister and me as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at The Pretty Life Girls.