Hello DIY Candy! This is Sam from the Pretty Life Girls, and I have the funnest little craft to share with you today. I made this cross-stitched pillow recently for my new baby’s nursery, and I love how it turned out. Also, cross-stitching is super therapeutic for me so it helped calm the major anxiety I had from having my first child! A custom-made pillow like this one is the perfect touch for a room that needs just a little sprucing, and it would make the sweetest gift for a baby shower, wedding, etc. Anyway… enough about how great it is. Here is what I did.
- Blank pillow cover (I used this one)
- Cross-stitch hoop
- Cross-stitch thread
- Cross-stitch needle
- Pom pom string
- Cross-stitch pattern (the pattern I used is no longer available so you’ll have to create your own)
1. Mark your cross-stitch pattern on your pillow cover. Or, if your pillow cover is made of a fabric that has a grid pattern, you can just look at the pattern and freehand the cross-stitch (this is what I did).
2. Place the cross-stitch hoop on the pillow cover, surrounding the pattern area, to get the fabric nice and tight.
3. Cross-stitch your heart out, changing thread colors whenever you wanna.
5. Stitch the pom poms in place with matching thread.
6. Put a pillow in the cover, and put it somewhere cute.
There you have it. Happy cross-stitching! And be sure to come and visit my sister and me as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at The Pretty Life Girls. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!