Ectoplasm has never been this delicious! This Ghostbusters cocktail is so fun – and tasty too. Make for a unique movie watching party!
I’m really excited to see the new Ghostbusters movie! Kristen Whig and Melissa McCarthy are two of my favorite actresses – for obvious reasons . . . they are hilarious.
Plus I gotta give complete street cred to the 1984 and 1989 movies; those were a crucial part of my childhood.
In my family, we quote a lot of movies regularly, and the original Ghostbusters is part of that rotation. “Don’t cross the streams – that would be bad.” “Nice shootin’ Tex!”
As a tribute to the new movie recently released, we put together this fun Ghostbusters cocktail. It has the consistency of ectoplasm and is perfect for a movie celebration or viewing party.
These fun vodka cocktails feature the Hi-C Ecto Cooler, which is an essential part of any Ghostbusters cocktail in my opinion. Surprise your Ghostbusters loving friends with this easy-to-make (and tasty and alcoholic) drink!
- 1 Smirnoff Red, White & Berry 50 ml Shot
- 1 Lemon Lime Jell-O Cup 5.5 oz
- 2 Hi-C Ecto Cooler Drink Boxes
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh Thyme
- Crushed Ice
In a medium size saucepan over med-high heat, add one (1) lemon-lime Jell-O cup and two (2) Hi-C Ecto Cooler drink boxes.
Using a whisk, stir until the jello completely dissolves.
Pour the mixture into a large measuring cup and chill in the freezer for thirty minutes.
Prepare glasses by placing a thin slice of lemon into the bottom of each glass and adding crushed ice.
Remove the jello/juice mixture from the freezer; the mixture should be slimy but drinkable and add one (1) Smirnoff Red, White & Berry 50ml shot and stir slightly. Place back into the freezer for ten (10) minutes.
Remove the green slime from the freezer and pour over crushed ice.
Garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve.
Don’t you live that Slimer made an appearance? Let me know what you think about this Ghostbusters cocktail in the comments!
PS – Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive. Also grab the printable cocktail recipe below!
- 50 ml Smirnoff Red, White & Berry vodka
- 5.5 oz lemon lime Jell-O
- 12 oz Hi-C Ecto Cooler (2 drink boxes)
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- Crushed ice
- In a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat, add the Jello cup and drink boxes.
- Using a whisk, stir until the Jello completely dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a large measuring cup and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place a thin slice of lemon into the bottom of each glass and add crushed ice.
- Remove the jello/juice mixture from the freezer; add the vodka shot and stir slightly. Place back into the freezer for ten minutes.
- Remove the green slime from the freezer and pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
If you enjoyed this delicious drink, I’d love for you to check out these other cocktail recipes: