Make this delicious blue curacao margarita cocktail in minutes! You’ll taste the margarita flavor with a pretty blue color. Use fresh blueberries on the rim.
I’m a big fan of a delicious cocktail, especially one that’s pretty. There’s something about a beautiful drink that just makes it taste better going down – what do you think? This margarita cocktail fits the bill.
Doesn’t my blue curacao margarita look awesome? And I haven’t even mentioned the sugar/salt combination on the rim of the glass.
It goes along perfectly with your beverage because it’s salty and sweet at the same time, which is a nice twist on a traditional margarita. I love it!
Curacao Margarita Recipe
For tequila I love 1800 Silver . . . it depends on your personal preference, but this tequila is a favorite of mine. It’s made from 100% Weber blue agave, and I feel it goes really well with the blue curacao.
The blueberries are really just a fancy touch more so than a drink flavor. They compliment the curacao and the color of the beverage, but they aren’t a must have.
Are you ready to learn how to make this margarita? Take a peek at the recipe below.
- 1 oz quality tequila
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 T margarita salt
- 1/2 T granulated sugar
- 3 - 4 fresh blueberries
- lime wedge
- 2 ice cubes
- crushed Ice
- In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, Blue Curaçao liqueur, lime juice and two ice cubes and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Using a wedge of lime, wet the rim of the martini glass with lime juice.
- Combine salt and sugar and place on a saucer. Dredge the rim of the glass through the salt/sugar mixture to coat rim.
- Add crushed ice to the martini glass.
- Strain blueberry margarita cocktail into a chilled martini glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a cocktail pick adorned with 3 - 4 fresh blueberries.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 0gSodium: 3491mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12g
Serve in a glass of your choice. You can go regular margarita glass or do something a little fancier (hello, martini).
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
I’d love to know if you try this blue curacao margarita recipe, and what you think of it! I’d also love for you to check out these other fruity drinks: