This apple cider mimosa is a fall spin on a classic cocktail! Great for autumn parties, Thanksgiving, and more. It’s SO tasty!
Before I tried mimosas, I thought I didn’t like them. That’s because I’m not really a champagne fan, so a morning beverage with sparkling wine in it made me gag a little. Can I tell you right now how wrong I was? I can fully admit when I’ve messed up.
I LOVE MIMOSAS.
And with fall right around the corner, this apple cider mimosa recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Orange juice feels so summer-y to me, but apple cider is perfect for sweater weather.
I imagine sitting out on the porch on a 50 degree morning (wearing a scarf, of course) sipping on one of these bad boys.
Apple Cider Mimosa
As you can imagine, there are two parts to this mimosa recipe: apple cider and sparkling wine. For the cider portion of the beverage, choose something made of fresh apples that are a bit sweeter. Try Gala, Fuji, Cortland, Golden Delicious, or Red Delicious varieties.
For the champagne, Town & Country recommends your top mimosa options as follows: Bisol Crede Prosecco Superiore 2016, Zonin Prosecco, or Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Cava.
We used Porta Leone Prosecco, the flavor described as “ripe apple and pears on the nose, beautiful, steady, pinhead bubble finishing lifted and zesty.” It was quite tasty and a perfect compliment to the apple cider – I highly recommend it.
You know you want to try apple cider and champagne, so get the recipe below.
Apple Cider Mimosa Recipe
- Chilled apple cider
- Sparkling wine of your choice
- A tiny pinch of cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp sugar mixed with a tiny pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Take a wet paper towel and run it along the rim of the glasses. Take the cinnamon-sugar mix in a shallow plate and turn the rim of the glasses on it till the cinnamon sugar coats it.
Take the apple cider in a jar and add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it. Stir.
Pour the apple cider into the prepped glasses and top it off with the sparkling wine.
Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
- 8 oz apple cider chilled
- 8 oz sparkling wine of your choice
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp sugar mixed with cinnamon powder optional, for the rim
- Take a wet paper towel and run it along the rim of the glasses. Take the cinnamon-sugar mix in a shallow plate and turn the rim of the glasses on it till the cinnamon sugar coats it.
- Take the apple cider in a jar and add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it. Stir.
- Pour the apple cider into the prepped glasses and top it off with the sparkling wine (you’ll do approximately a 50/50 mixture).
- Serve immediately.
This mimosa recipe is so crisp and delicious – you’ll want to drink more than one! And I won’t judge you if you do. . .
Want to get more delicious cocktail recipes? Here are some of the latest you’ll enjoy: