These frozen chocolate covered bananas are a quick snack that is packed with flavor. Both kids and adults will love this easy recipe.
If you’re looking for a quick, delicious snack that is packed with flavor . . . these frozen chocolate covered bananas are it. Summer is coming to a close, which means I have a lot of leftover bananas from making fruit desserts that need to be used.
So what are you supposed to do with them?
I came up with a recipe that is very similar to Dole Dippers, but a lot cheaper. You can make these yourself. You’re going to love how easy they are.
You won’t be disappointed with these frozen chocolate covered bananas! Learn how to make them below.
Chocolate Dipped Bananas
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1-2 cups peanut butter
- 2-3 cups milk chocolate chips
Put the pan into the freezer to chill for about an hour or two. Then remove with a small spoon and enjoy!
The chocolate is a nice crunch while the peanut butter smothers the fresh banana, giving your mouth the best of all worlds.
Another option would be to also add chocolate or a graham cracker to the bottom before the peanut butter- this can help your frozen chocolate covered bananas keep their shape as well.
What a perfect bite sized summer treat for the family! I won’t blame you if you eat them all before the kids get to them, though. It happens!
Get the printable recipe card below.
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Place the peanut butter in a microwavable bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Spray the mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Spoon melted peanut butter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Peel the bananas and dice into 8 - 12 slices each. Place a slice of banana in each muffin cup.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl for one minute, stirring at 30 seconds. Spoon on top of the banana slices.
- Put the pan into the freezer to chill for about an hour or two.
- Remove each banana piece with a small spoon and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 16 - 24 pieces depending on the sizes of your bananas. Nutrition information is calculated for a yield of 20 pieces.
Serving Size:1 popper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
If you enjoyed making this delicious snack, leave me a comment! I also hope you’ll check out these other recipes: