These cotton candy rice krispie treats take your standard recipe up a notch! Add cotton candy for the ultimate party dessert bar.
Those who know me know that I’m a sucker for sugar. I try to keep my cravings in control, but let’s face it – sugar is tasty. There’s no more sugary treat than cotton candy . . . it’s basically a spun sugar recipe!
Cotton candy reminds me of fun times with my family at the state fair, and warmer weather, and that’s the entire inspiration behind this cotton candy rice crispy treats recipe.
Yes – these rice crispy treats have a few handfuls of cotton candy within that you can taste when you eat them.
They’re actually quite decadent, and perfect for serving at a circus/carnival party. If you’re interested in a unique rice crispy treats recipe that everyone is going to love, give this a try!
Here’s what you’re going to need for this recipe:
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 40 marshmallows (about 1 10-oz bag)
- 3 T softened butter
- 2-3 handfuls of cotton candy
- White and blue candy melts
Tips and Thoughts for This Recipe
- Don’t take your eyes off the pot as you melt the marshmallows and keep stirring. You don’t want the marshmallows to burn.
- I like to use a piece of waxed or parchment paper that I’ve sprayed with oil to press the treats firmly and evenly into the edges and corners, though a silicon spatula works almost as well. Some people even use a plastic bag sprayed with oil.
- You might get tempted to add more marshmallow, but stick with what I suggest here. Too much marshmallow causes these to get sticky and fall apart.
- These last 2 – 3 days in an airtight container on the counter, and maybe a little bit longer in the fridge.
I love how colorful this rice crispy treats recipe is! They’re soooo good, too.
Get the printable recipe for this delicious treat below:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 40 mini marshmallows
- 3 T butter (softened)
- 3 cups cotton candy (about 3 handfuls)
- 6 oz white candy melts
- 6 oz blue candy melts
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Butter (or line with parchment paper) a 9 x 13 or similar casserole dish.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat until just melted.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the marshmallows. The residual heat from the melted butter should be enough to melt them, but if it is not, turn it back on low until the marshmallows are smooth.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Stir cereal and cotton candy in with the marshmallows until everything is coated and combined. Some of the cotton candy will melt, some won’t.
- Quickly spread into prepared pan.
- Let cool and cut the treats into twelve bars.
- In two separate bowls, melt the blue discs and the white discs.
- Press the bars into the white coating. Drizzle blue on top of the white.
- Top with sprinkles while the candy melts are still wet. Let candy topping harden, then serve.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 1g
Let me know what you think about this dessert in the comments – plus, click here for more no bake desserts like these! I’d also love for you to visit these other dessert ideas: