You’ve never seen popsicle stick bracelets like these! Learn how to make them super stylish with beads, paint, chains, and more.
It’s back to school craft time and there is nothing quite as quintessentially crafty as the popsicle stick; a craft supply so basic but so full of possibilities!
So today I’m sharing with you a DIY project that takes the popsicle stick to the next level, these fab Popsicle Stick Bracelets!
These suckers are so easy to make, the varieties are endless, and your wrist is gonna look FAB. Here’s how you make them:
Popsicle Stick Bracelets
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun + sticks
- Jewelry chain
- Paint (optional)
How to Bend Popsicle Sticks
Fill a pot with water and toss in popsicle sticks. Place on the stove and let boil for 30 minutes. Boiling the sticks will make them very pliable.
Remove sticks from water and let them cool for a minute or two, then very carefully bend the sticks into a half circle and slide into a glass or jar (I used a jam jar).
Set oven to 200 degrees and place jars in the oven, baking for another 30 minutes. Baking them will dry them out and help them to keep their shape. Carefully remove from oven after 30 minutes.
Paint your popsicle stick bracelets if you so desire!
Attach beads using glue gun.
Attach the jewelry chain. You can do this by nailing a small hole on each end of the stick (most of my sticks split when I tried this), or gluing a bead on each end to hold the chain in place. I didn’t try drilling, but that could be another option.
You’re done with your popsicle stick bracelets! Stack them up and get to lookin’ sassy!
I find that these popsicle stick bracelets are cool enough for adults . . . and teens love them too.
- Popsicle sticks - at least 6
- Jewelry chain
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Jewelry pliers
- Jewelry cutters
- Fill a pot with water and toss in the popsicle sticks. Place on the stove and let boil for 30 minutes. Boiling the sticks will make them very pliable.
- Remove sticks from water and let them cool for a minute or two, then very carefully bend the sticks into a half circle and slide into a glass or jar.
- Set oven to 200 degrees and place jars in the oven, baking for another 30 minutes. Carefully remove from oven after 30 minutes.
- Paint the popsicle sticks and allow to dry.
- Attach beads using glue gun.
- Attach jewelry chain to finish.
What are your other favorite popsicle stick crafts? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Be sure to come visit my sister and me as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at The Pretty Life Girls. Check these related posts out before you go: