When the weather warms up and I start spending time outdoors again, I always get the itch to pretty-up my patio. Last weekend I planted flowers and pulled some weeds and I decided it was time to get rid of my raggedy old door mat. So, when I came across a plain door mat at my local garden store I snatched it up and decided it just needed a little DIY makeover and it would be the perfect touch to make my patio spring-ready. All you need is a stencil and some paint!
Make a Personalized Door Mat
- Plain door mat
- Acrylic paint – colors of your choice
- Stencil (I made mine using my craft cutter and some sticker paper, but you could hand cut one or buy one pre-made)
- Stencil tape (if your stencil paper isn’t adhesive)
- Paint or stencil brushes
1. Position your stencil on the mat and secure. Since I used sticker paper it stayed in place really well. However, if you use a normal stencil you will want to secure with tape so it doesn’t move around while you paint.
2. Paint away! I did 3-4 coats so that the words really stood out against the mat.
3. Let dry completely, then remove the stencil! That’s it! Now go get yourself the cutest stoop in the neighborhood!
I absolutely love my new personalized door mat. What projects are you doing this spring to make your outdoor spaces more fun? I’d love to hear your tips! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!