This delicious Christmas popcorn recipe is perfectly festive for with the holidays with peppermint patties, candy canes, and red/green sprinkles! Your family will love it!
“Party popcorn,” as my littles call it, is a staple in our house for every holiday. You remember those special holiday treats that you always loved when you were little, right?
This one has always been a go-to in our house because it’s easy and inexpensive to make for large families. I always keep the ingredients on hand so that when it’s time to break out a Christmas dessert, this party popcorn recipe is ready to go.
The best part about this popcorn recipe is that it can be altered to any occasion or color scheme or to use ingredients you already have on hand.
This is our Christmas version . . . perfect for snuggling up and watching a movie or just for a festive snack any time. Need something to snack on for your Netflix holiday binge? This recipe is it!
Funny side note: growing up, we always popped our popcorn in a $5 garage sale popcorn popper my mom found.
We did this even thought microwave popcorn was available.It always seemed kitschy and fun and we always thought the popcorn tasted better!
Candy Cane Popcorn
- 8 cups popped, lightly salted popcorn
- 6 oz white candy melts
- 6 peppermint patties, coarsely chopped
- 4 candy canes or peppermint candy, crushed
- 1/8 cup festive sprinkles
Microwave the candy melts according to the package instructions. Stir until smooth and pour over popcorn in a large bowl.
Add in candies and sprinkles and toss to coat.
Spread out on a sheet pan and let harden.
Enjoy! Place in a plastic container with an airtight lid if you have any leftovers. This Christmas popcorn recipe will stay fresh for a few days.
- 8 cups popcorn (popped, lightly salted)
- 6 oz white candy melts (1/2 bag)
- 6 peppermint patties (coarsely chopped)
- 4 candy canes (crushed)
- 1/8 cup sprinkles
- Microwave the candy melts according to the package instructions. Stir until smooth and pour over popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add in candies and sprinkles and toss to coat.
- Spread out on a sheet pan and let harden.
- Enjoy! Place in a plastic container with an airtight lid if you have any leftovers. This Christmas popcorn will stay fresh for a few days.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
What are your tried and true Christmas dessert recipes? Let me know in the comments! If you like this popcorn recipe, I’d also love for you to check out these other easy Christmas recipes: