My plane touched down in Utah this week for my brother’s wedding and right away the temperatures plummeted and it poured rain for days. Although this dreary weather was not optimal for my poor brother and his new bride’s nuptials, it gave me so many fall feelings I couldn’t help but be happy about it. We layered up, got cozy, and I decided it was time to get to the kitchen for some baking and get some pumpkin spice in my life.
This Pumpkin Spice Donut Hole Recipe was so perfect for kicking off the fall baking season. They are so simple to make, the flavors are amazing, and they are so warm and delicious when they come out of the oven you will be overwhelmed by the goodness. These delicious little cuties are definitely a new staple for autumn in our house and I know you’ll love them too.
Here’s how you make them:
Pumpkin Spice Donut Hole Recipe
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each well of the prepared muffin tin. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the sugar and cinnamon to a large ziplock bag. Dip the donut holes into the melted butter, then toss with the sugar in the ziplock bag, one dozen at a time. Cool completely on a wire rack.
These babies are so dangerously delicious it becomes all too easy to lose track of how many you have popped into you mouth! So yummy. So glad to have you back, pumpkin spice. You were missed!
Pair this donut hole recipe with a cup of something chocolatey and warm and you will have reached fall baking nirvana! What pumpkin spice recipes are you getting excited to get in the kitchen and get baking? Fill me in! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls! You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!