This is the easiest glue art project you’ll ever make – all you need is a canvas and your favorite paint color. Customize with any saying you like!
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you’ll be able to make this canvas. You’ll just be drawing with glue and painting. Great for older kids and teenagers too.
I am sure a lot of you have probably seen this glue craft all over Pinterest. I saw it, was intrigued, and decided to give it a try. And now I am sharing it with you because I LOVED IT.
It was really fun to make, totally customizable, and really pretty in the end! Next time you need to add some decor to your home, make this DIY canvas wall art! Here is how I did it . . .
Note: I used washable glue, but you can do the exact same thing with hot glue and glue sticks. Or a thicker craft glue. You basically need a medium that is going to dry or cool with a raised texture.
DIY Glue Art
Gather These Supplies
- Washable glue OR a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray paint or craft paint in the color of your choice
- Saying – you’ll either hand draw or print
- Transfer paper (optional)
Step 1: Think of/find a pattern that inspires you, and draw/trace it on your canvas with pencil.
Now if you aren’t feeling very creative or you want to make it more exact, there is another option. You can print something from the internet and place the paper down on the canvas with a piece of carbon transfer paper in between. Trace with your pencil and the design will end up on the canvas!
Step 2: Go over your design with glue. Make sure you don’t press the glue down as you apply. If you find that your glue settles flatter than you want, go over your design one more time once it has dried. You could also use dimensional fabric paint for this project.
Step 3: Let the glue dry (I let mine dry overnight).
Step 4: Spray paint the canvas any color! I liked the clean look of white on white.
Let your glue art dry completely.
Hang up your canvas wall art and admire your work!
- Washable glue
- Spray paint or craft paint - the color of your choice
- Saying – either hand drawn or printed
- Transfer paper (optional)
- Think of/find a pattern that inspires you, and draw/trace it on the canvas with pencil.
- Go over the design with glue. Make sure to avoid pressing down the bottle during application. If the glue settles flat, go over the design one more time once it has dried.
- Let the glue dry overnight.
- Spray paint or paint the canvas any color.
- Let dry completely and hang.
- The only thing I had to purchase for this project was a canvas - I had the glue and paint on hand.
- You could also use dimensional fabric paint for this project as opposed to glue, if you want to ensure good dimension. It all depends on if you have glue on hand and want to spend more money.
What design and/or phrase would you put on your canvas? We love to hear your ideas! And be sure to visit us as we blog about style, food, and the things we love over at the Pretty Life Girls.