This cute and colorful Easter garland is so easy to make with scrapbook paper and yarn! Who doesn’t love a sweet bunny? Both kids and adults will love making this together.
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you’ll be able to do this Easter bunny garland. You’ll be cutting paper as well as wrapping yarn. It’s pretty easy!
When you have a niece that is getting into holiday crafting, you encourage her. At least that is what I do with my niece! I want her to follow her aunt’s footsteps . . . whether she likes it or not. Ha!
This year one of the projects we did together was this Easter garland – with cute little pom pom bunny tails!
What I love about this Easter garland is that even though it’s easy enough for a child to make, it’s something you won’t mind hanging up in your home.
We all know sometimes kids’ crafts end up in the drawer, but not this one. Just pick your favorite papers and get crafting!
Bunny Easter Garland
Gather These Supplies
- Scrapbook paper – various colors, scraps work too!
- Bunny garland template HERE
- Yarn – one skein of a light color
- Craft glue
The first thing you’ll want to do is print out the template you see above – GET THE FULL SIZED COPY IT HERE. You can print it out in black and white – I just added the color for fun.
Print out a copy and cut out at least 9 – 10 bunnies (if not more!) from the scrapbook paper.
Then you’re going to make one pom pom per bunny using a fork. To make a pom pom with a fork:
- Wrap the yarn around the outside of a 4-pronged fork approximately 40 times. If you want your pom pom thicker, try 50 or 60 times.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of yarn and tie off the yarn in the middle prong. You’ll tie the top and bottom together. Tie a knot as tightly as you can.
- Cut both loops on each side and fluff!
- If you are more of a visual person, you can see a video here.
Cut a length of yarn for your garland. Make it as long as you like depending on where you’re going to hang it. Use craft glue to attach the pom poms to the bunnies, and then to attach the bunnies to the yarn.
Your Easter garland is complete . . . and ready for hanging!
Of course if you love the bunnies, you can use them in other Easter crafts, too.
- Scrapbook paper
- Bunny garland template
- Yarn - one skein of a light color
- Craft glue
- Computer and printer
- Print the template out on regular printer paper. Cut out as many bunnies as you like from the scrapbook paper using the template and a pair of scissors.
- Make one pom pom per bunny using a fork. To make a pom pom with a fork, wrap the yarn around the outside of a 4-pronged fork approximately 40 times. If you want your pom pom thicker, try 50 or 60 times.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of yarn and tie off the yarn in the middle prong. You'll tie the top and bottom together. Tie a knot as tightly as you can.
- Cut both loops on each side and fluff.
- Use craft glue to attach the pom poms to the bunnies, and then to attach the bunnies to the yarn.
- Let dry completely before hanging.
If you make this bunny garland we’d love to know . . . leave a comment! And if you’d like to see two of our other Easter banners, check out this one made of paint chips and this one made with Mod Podge Mod Molds.