This cute no sew project allows you to take an embroidery hoop and fabric to make a wall organizer! It’s so easy that anyone can do it, and it only takes a few minutes to make.
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you can do this project. It’s very simple, and great for people of all ages (adults or children).
Like most creative people, my desk is scattered with stuff. Since I need every last drop of glitter, piece of tape, short pencil and scrap fabric, organization is important to me.
Unfortunately it’s never an easy thing. Some times you’re left with odds and ends that don’t fall into your perfect categories. Enter in this elegant and simple no sew hoop pocket!
It’s great as an extra little organizer and yet still functions as a piece of art. Here’s how you can make your own.
Embroidery Hoop Wall Organizer
First lay down the inside piece of the hoop. Choose which fabric you’d like as the largest pattern, then smooth it over the hoop insert.
Take a 4-5 inch strip of the second fabric and fold over the top about half an inch. Smooth that over the first fabric a little more than halfway down. You can iron it for a more crisp edge but that’s optional.
Place the main hoop piece over the fabric, smoothing out any wrinkles and tighten it just a bit. Once it’s on, you can adjust the second fabric (if it needs straightening).
Tighten the clamp all the way when you are satisfied with the look and feel of the pocket. Then take your scissors and trim off the excess fabric.
Optional: you can choose to use a hot glue gun to secure the fabric to the back. It depends on what you are planning on putting in the pocket! If it’s heavier, I suggest using the hot glue.
Now hang it up and fill it up! Since I used leopard print and hot pink, the glitter tubes looked really cool in the hoop pocket.
- Embroidery hoop
- Two pieces of fabric
- Picture hanger with nail
- Remove the inside ring from the embroidery hoop and place on your work surface.
- Lay your first fabric over the top, completely covering the hoop.
- Take a 4 - 5 inch strip of the second fabric and fold over the top about half an inch. Smooth that over the first fabric, a little more than halfway down. You can iron it for a more crisp edge (optional).
- Place the larger hoop piece over the inside ring, smoothing out any wrinkles. Tighten, pulling the fabric as you go.
- Tighten the clamp all the way down when you are satisfied with the look and feel of the pocket. Use the scissors to trim off the excess fabric.
- Hang up using a picture hook, nail, and hammer.
Be careful in regards to weight limit with your organizer! Don't overfill the pocket. Also make sure to get the appropriate sized picture hanger.
This DIY wall organizer would be super cute in a little girl’s room to clean up the dresser from hair accessories or above the changing table in a nursery to hold the little nail clippers, comb, and brush.
Mix patterns and colors according to the decor. These type of wall organizers are so fun to make, you’ll want an entire gallery wall full!
If you like this craft idea, you might also like these other favorite home decor projects: